The winter semester is going by really quickly! I feel like I have just kept doing things non-stop. Last week was really hard for me and it was really hard to find quiet time.
So this week I am trying to remind myself of why I do the things I do and take more naps. Today on the blog, I will be sharing quotes that I try to live by.
These are from people who have walked/walk the earth and won my admiration. Enjoy!
- As a rule, I don’t like suffering to no purpose. Suffering should be creative, should give birth to something good and lovely ~ Chinua Achebe
- My job is to inform, not to convince ~ St. Bernadette
- Life and death are in the power of the tongue ~ Proverbs 18 v 21
- I can take hardship. I can sleep on the cold floor anytime. I can also sleep on a feather bed ~ Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala
- Disciplining yourself to do what you know is right and important, although difficult, is the highroad to pride, self-esteem, and personal satisfaction ~ Margaret Thatcher
- A man who is kind benefits himself, but a cruel man hurts himself ~ Proverbs 11 v 17
- A cynical young person is almost the saddest sight to see because it means that he or she has gone from knowing nothing to believing nothing ~ Maya Angelou
- Every man dies, but not every man truly lives ~ William Wallace in Braveheart
- That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for ~ Sam in Lord of the Rings
- Love to be real, it must cost—it must hurt—it must empty us of self ~ Mother Teresa
There it is, folks! What are some quotes that have helped you on your journey through life?